Gerbera growing media
Especially for the cultivation of Gerbera, BVB introduces a new product to their wide range of agricultural substrates: The BVB Gerbera coco disc.
The disc is made of a 100% high quality coco husk fraction. The coco material used for the disc has been treated properly. Sodium (Na), Potassium (K) and Chloride (Cl) levels need to be as low as possible, otherwise the substrate will strongly bind Calcium (Ca) and Magnesium (Mg). Resulting that the substrate will release substantial amounts of Sodium (Na) and Potassium
(K). What will have a negative effect for the growth of the plants.
Advantages of the BVB Gerbera coco disc:
- Excellent growing medium.
- Perfect structure of the substrate.
- Excellent absorbtion and drainage capacities.
- Easy to handle.
- Labor saving.
- Clean, almost no waste of material.
- Low transportation costs, thanks to the compact size.
- Easy to store.
- No more potfilling with machinery or by hand.
With these BVB Gerbera coco discs, BVB adds another excellent product to their product range.
BVB Gerbera coco discs, the best foundation for your Gerbera cultivation!
- Material: 100% coco husk fraction
- Dimensions: Diameter: 13cm, thickness: ≈ 5,5cm
- Weight: 300-320gram
- Volume: After expansion: ≈ 3,3L, (other volumes are also available on request)
- Pot size: Suited for 19cm pots.
- EC: ≈ 1,5 mS
- pH: ≈ 6,0
- 2 pallet sizes per 40ft HC (85×115 and 85x105cm)
- Respectively 48 boxes and 36 boxes per pallet.
- Total 26 pallets in 40ft HC, 13 of each size.
- Total amount: 52416 discs per 40ft HC container.
The BVB Gerbera coco discs are treated very carefully, resulting that Ca and Mg nutrients are directly available for the plant.
How to use the discs:
- Place the coco disc in a 19cm pot with holes in the bottom.
- Place a dripper in the dripperhole and use fertilized water to expand the coco disc. (For the best result use 1 – 1,5 EC Calcium Nitrate.)
- When the disc is fully extended and saturated with water, the Gerbera plant can be planted in the disc.
- Start irrigating with a normal fertilisation scheme.
- Do not use a hose to expand the disc, this will damage the structure of the disc!!
- Place the drippers in the right position in the pots.
- Monitor the pH and EC of the drainwater reguraly.
- Discuss these results with your growth advisor.
- Adjust your fertilisation recepy on time for the best growth.
DO YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION? PLEASE CONTACT US!
BVB Substrates supplies growing media to more than 80 countries worldwide